These Air fryer green beans will be your favorite go to side dish to any meal. They are unbelievably delicious and can be made in just 5 minutes!
Green beans are one of my favorite vegetable sides to serve with any dish. When I found I was able to have amazing roasted green beans leaving without using my oven and in less than half the time I was sold!
WHY THESE ARE AMAZING
- Easy- Very little prep or work needs to be done and only 3 ingredients are needed.
- Quick- Once the green beans are in the air fryer they only take 5 minutes.
- Healthy and delicious- A great healthy side dish that is so delicious I could eat them for a snack.
- Green beans- This recipe is for french cut green beans but any green beans will work nicely.
- Olive oil spray- You can find this in any grocery store by the oils and baking spray.
- Salt- Use coarse kosher salt
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
Air frying green beans is about as easy as it gets, here is how!
STEP 1: Preheat the air fryer and prep green beans- Set the air fryer to 400 degrees and preheat for 5 minutes. While the air fryer is preheating trim the tails off the green beans.
STEP 2: Season- Place the green beans in a bowl or straight into the basket of the airfryer. Spritz with olive oil spray and sprinkle with kosher salt.
STEP 3: Cook- Cook the green beans for 5 minutes at 400 degrees, shaking the basket halfway to ensure they roast evenly.
- Preheat the Air fryer- while you are trimming the tails off the green beans preheat the air fryer at 400 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Don't overcrowd the basket- place the green beans are in a single layer in airfryer basket. Do not stack green beans on one another, this will make sure the green beans cook evenly and will roast and not steam.
- Shake the basket halfway- Shaking the basket halfway through the cook helps evenly cook the green beans.
For frozen green beans, use the same temperature but double the cook time. Halfway through shake the basket and check in on the green beans, adjust the cook time as necessary.
Once everything is done, you can add them all back into the basket and heat for 1 minute. Or set the oven to 200 degrees F and keep the food warm while other batches are cooking.
It is not absolutely necessary but, Yes. In most cases preheating helps your recipes get that signature crispiness we all want.
STORING AND FREEZING
The air fryer green beans can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days. Reheat in the air fryer at 400 for 2 minutes.
Once cooked I would not recommend freezing the green beans.
Here is some of our family favorite dinners; Here are some other quick and healthy meals that are family favorites; Teriyaki Glazed Salmon Bowl, Zuppa Toscana Soup, and Easy 30 Minute Loaded Potato Soup.
- 1 lb. french green beans, trimmed
- Extra virgin olive oil spray
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Set the air fryer to 400 degrees and preheat for 5 minutes. While the air fryer is preheating trim the tails off the green beans.
- Place the green beans in a bowl or straight into the basket of the airfryer. Spritz with olive oil spray and sprinkle with salt. Toss to coat.
- Cook the green beans for 5 minutes at 400 degrees, shaking the basket halfway to ensure they roast evenly.
- Remove green beans and serve with a sprinkle of salt and pepper to taste.
If you are making more green beans than the recipe states. Do do in multiple batches to insure the green beans cook evenly and roast rather than steam. Once all batches are done simply heat all the green beans for 1 minute at 400 and serve.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 70Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 0mgSodium 158mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 4gSugar 4gProtein 2g
We do our best to provide accurate nutritional analysis for our recipes. The nutritional data is calculated using a third-party algorithm and may vary, based on individual cooking styles, measurements, and ingredient sizes. Please use this information for comparison purposes and consult a health professional for nutrition guidance as needed.