Grilled caprese chicken. Juicy chicken breasts topped with fresh mozzarella cheese, tomato, basil and balsamic glaze.
This recipe is so simple but so flavorful. It is one of my favorite go to spring, summer, fall, okay anytime meal!
Other than grilling the chicken it is basically just assembling so it is a meal that is done in under 30 minutes. I don’t even make the balsamic glaze or reduction because sometimes it is just nice to keep it really simple.
I like to eat this with the mozzarella and tomato fresh, but, if you prefer the cheese to be melty and tomato on the roasted side put them on the last couple minutes the chicken is grilling and close the lid.
Grilled Caprese Chicken
- 5 chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 5 slices fresh mozzarella
- 5 slices tomato
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chiffonade
- Balsamic glaze, I like the Bertolli brand
- Season chicken breasts by putting in bowl or gallon resealable bag and covering with olive oil, minced garlic, onion powder, salt and pepper. Stir to coat chicken evenly.
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat. Make sure grill grates are cleaned and oiled. Place chicken in a single layer on grill.
- Cook the chicken breasts until they are cooked through. It will take about 4 to 6 minutes on each side depending on thickness. Make sure to watch them so they don’t overcook and dry out.
- Remove chicken from grill and top with mozzarella, tomato (seasoning a little with salt and pepper) and fresh basil. Drizzle with balsamic glaze.
- Serve immediately and dig in!