This is my Aunt Marsha’s recipe and ever since she made it for our family we were obsessed. Once warm weather hits this is always on the menu for any family gathering or BBQ. It is kid friendly and amazing for leftovers. Add some chicken and it’s the perfect lunch or dinner!
Italian Pasta Salad
- 1 box Penne or Rigatoni Pasta
- 16 oz cherry tomatoes
- 1 16 oz bottle of Olive Garden Italian Dressing
- ½ cup pine nuts, toasted
- ⅓ cup cup Feta cheese crumbles
- 1 to 1.5 cups spinach, chiffonade
- Cook pasta as directed on package for andante.
- While pasta is cooking cut the cherry tomatoes in half and lightly toast pine nuts in a pan on stove top.
- Drain pasta and add to large bowl. Pour ½ of the Olive Garden dressing over pasta and mix to coat evenly. Add cherry tomatoes, pine nuts, and feta cheese crumbles.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and allow pasta to sit and soak up all the flavors in the fridge for at least an hour but can make up to a day ahead.
- Just before serving add the chiffonade spinach and remaining olive garden dressing.